Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rising Loafer (Danville)




While walking down Hartz Ave. in Danville last week, I noticed a patio dining area full of people dining on what looked like delicious sandwiches. I knew then that I must return and find out for myself. Today was that magical day and joining me was my friend Charlotte.

We chose to dine outside on the patio, there was a perfect table with one side in the shade for me and one side in the sun for Char. The menu was complete with breakfast selections, sandwiches, and salads. I was impressed with the extensive sandwich selections, from grilled chicken breast sandwiches to half-pound burgers in addition to a Reuben, Meatloaf, and Tri-Tip variations as well.


Charlotte ordered the Grilled Chicken Avocado sandwich, it was constructed with fresh baked garlic herb bread, chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and mayo. It was served with seasoned french fries that tasted more like breaded and deep fried air. Seriously, if ever a french fry could taste light and fluffy, these tots must have been created in the clouds.


We were enjoying interesting and meaningful conversation until the first bite. Then silence, ok perhaps that is an exaggeration, however Charlotte gushed about this sandwich from start to finish. Fair to say this one is highly recommended.


I was looking for a healthy option today, and I opted for the half sandwich and soup. The soup was a lentil and fresh vegetable, it was light and somewhat filling. My sandwich was Turkey and Havarti on garlic herb bread with lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and dijon mustard. The sandwich sounded better than it tasted, the bread was soft, and the turkey tasted fresh roasted, however it was a bit dry. I wanted to start eyeballing Charlotte's sandwich but I didn't want to get poked with a fork.

For fresh baked bread, and gourmet sandwiches try the Rising Loafer in Danville.

You can visit them online at:

http://www.danvillerisingloafer.com/default.asp

Or in Danville at:

340 Hartz Ave.,
Danville, CA 94526

1 comment:

  1. Immortalized on the blog, yay! LOL.

    Let's do it again sometime, Bry :)

    ReplyDelete